Tuesday, August 24, 2010

For Your Viewing Pleasure

Do you see what I see? It has turned rainy and a bit chilly and we suddenly have leaves falling on the ground. Holy Smokes! I don't know that I am ready for fall quite yet! I was just getting used to the humidity.
Bella has truly been a champ with this whole "change your life" business. She was excellent in the car. She has been very good while we've unpacked boxes and moved things around. She is thrilled to have her bed! (She kind of crawled around like a happy dog in the back of a pick-up when we first put her in her crib.) We are loving the silly things she has learned to do.




I have started to find her just looking through books. I love it! I can't tell you how much I love it! She has also started humming when I go to put her to bed. I love it!








She has also started climbing. I don't love it. She knows that she can move things around and crawl up on them to get to something higher. She has stopped going up the stairs though. Shawn fell down the stairs last week while he was holding her and they both got some scrapes and rug burns. I think she might be afraid of the stairs. It helps me keep tabs on her better but I don't want her to be afraid of them forever!

The following pictures are what happen when you give a couple little pieces of an E.L. Fudge cookie to a one-year-old and run to get something while she is occupied.













3 comments:

Ann-Michelle said...

That baby is so cute! And she's getting so big!

Aaron and Kalle said...

I can't believe how much she has grown. I almost did not recognize her. What a little cuttie. I am glad that you are being ambitious about your blog. Maybee it will ware off on me.

Erin Gibbons said...

I also saw my first color-changed leaf here the other day. It was beautiful, but I was not too excited to see it! I love the picture of Bella with her face "schmeared" in chocolate and her lips puckered out like she is fully enjoying the cookie, as well as the picture of her beautiful eyes! I'm glad you've had so many tender mercies, those are the best :) (And I'm glad your stuff arrived! That must be a sigh of relief!)