Sunday, November 2, 2008

Called Home

My heart is heavy today because we just found out that our cousin passed away this morning from an arduous battle with cancer. I ache for his wife and children who will miss him tremendously. So many people will miss him. He was a big Samoan teddy bear. His culture was always so fascinating to me and his complete ability to love and welcome people is something that astounds me. Today, as I have thought about his life, I feel very lucky that I got to be related to him. I am lucky to know his children who carry on pieces of his culture and his warm personality.
My heart is also light today. I am so happy that he has been released from the heavy suffering that he has been enduring the past several weeks. The reunion with family and loved ones on the other side today was probably spectacular. I'm sure my mom was there. His spirit will continue to live without the mortal restriction of his imperfect body, he will continue to look over his family and he will wait for them to join him, and one day in the future, his spirit and body will be reunited in a perfect form. Can you imagine that sweet reunion with his wife and children?

I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of our Heavenly Father's plan. We have existed a long time before this life and will continue to exist and progress after this life with our families. Our Savior, Jesus Christ, lived a life that we are to emulate and died so that we will live again.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Sounds like a great man. I'm happy he's with our Heavenly Father now and free from this world.

We will keep your family in our prayers. Thank goodness for the gospel!