Sunday, August 24, 2008

School Days...

Well, summer is officially over. The last week we spent Monday-Wednesday preparing our classrooms and lesson plans, and on Thursday school began. Even though I have been doing this for a couple of years, I still get nervous on the first day. I wasn't sure how I would feel but I am rejuvenated seeing how the students have matured and are ready for this new change. We have very capable teachers on our staff so we will be a nicely functioning group. Our principal is a great example for the students and she is present- she is always in our classrooms, in the hall, etc. Knowing that, the students behave much better than they would normally.
During the summer I asked to be released from my responsibility as cheerleading advisor and asked to be the student council advisor. I have been stressed about how I would be able to be a mom (since we have no idea when that will happen) and take care of my school responsibilities. As much as I enjoy the whole idea of cheerleading building school spirit, I struggle with the fight of keeping the program growing with girls who have a desire to be the representatives that they need to be. I am sad to let the program go, but I can see how it is a good decision for us and our family that we will hopefully become.
I love being the student council advisor and it won't take so much time outside of school. I have great SBOs with great ideas and I think that they will be really great at building school spirit as they are super examples and well liked by the student body. I am excited for this new year. I feel that everything is falling into place-I hope that it is because we will be parents soon, but maybe it is because of the church responsibility that I have just accepted. We will see. God will take care of us- we have seen how He already has and have faith that He always will.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

So, what is the "church responsibility" that you have just accepted?

Unknown said...

I want to know the calling too! I was visiting at a High School and got to spend some time with the cheer advisor and man! did she have a whole lot going on. I think that is why I like the elementary school scene better :)

Sara said...

I have been called as the Relief Society President.