Sunday, April 6, 2008

We Are Approved...

This past week we received the news that we are now certified to become adoptive parents. The approval process itself was an ordeal as we faced a family emergency with our caseworker, a cancelled approval meeting, a message that said that we could not be approved until May, another message that said that we could be approved with a letter from the State Board of Education, us calling everyone and their dog trying to get that letter, finally getting that letter, and then, on Wednesday, us finally getting the approval pending a background check that clears in late Apr/early May. Needless to say Shawn and I are very excited about this news. In fact, we want baby shopping this week in search of a crib, a travel system (car seat/stroller/hand warmer/phone all in one easy fold up package), and even some outfits and home decor. We also were able to watch conference with our family and hang out with our friends.

7 comments:

Lindsey from The R House said...

HOO-RAY!!!! I hope you are celebrating ALL week! I am so excited for you guys! Let me know when you guys are on-line!!

Sara said...

Thank you for posting! We are currently online. LDSFS was super speedy at getting our profile up. You can type in our names ShawnAndSara and access our profile. We are so excited, we just aren't sure what to do!

Janae said...

Greek Mac and Cheese does sound pretty weird, but I love feta. It is great in salads, especially Greek Salad with cucumbers olives and tomatoes (dice ‘em and add a little olive oil and vinegar and onion if you are into that), or I made spanikoptia (here is a recipe http://homecooking.about.com/od/appetizerrecipes/r/blapp74.htm ) a while back that had feta in it. I think I remember having a pizza at CPK with feta on it. Just some thoughts.

AnneMarie said...

Sara! I found you through the Huff's blog! It was so fun for me to read about all of the happenings in your life. You two are such wonderful people!! I'm so glad you have a blog! It's so easy to keep up through blogging! Will you email me so I can add you as a user on our blog? annemarie.mcdonald@gmail.com Looking forward to keeping in touch through bloggin!

AnneMarie said...

P.S. You two will make AMAZING parents!

Desi said...

Thanks for letting me know about this, Sara! I will be praying that you and Shawn find the right opportunity, and the right children are led to your home.
-Desi

Topher and Carma said...

Hey Sara! I am so happy that you have a blog now. Now we can keep in touch and I can hear all your funny school teaching stories. I am so happy that you guys will get a baby soon, you will be the best parents. We always loved when you watched Miles. Well, keep in touch!